Year 7 Valedictory Speeches 2015

25/11/15

T – Good evening my name is Trent and this is April. This year we were chosen to be a part of the SRC Leadership team. I am chairperson and April is deputy chairperson. I am a Year 6 and I am glad to be here to talk about SRC.

A – Our two main focus’s were managing impulsivity and questioning. We did the best we could to  educate the students about student voice and being active and involved in their learning. Using this is a life skill was also an important lesson to teach. Members from the leadership team would post pictures and videos fortnightly on the blog to further their questioning ability. The blog has been a main resource in our learning this year. It is useful for the students to see what they have missed or can’t remember from the last meeting and they can make comments and give their opinions.
T – This year we have also been learning about impulsivity, we have been working to achieve the goals we set earlier this year. We monitored our progress using goal planners and other strategies. We have been using Play is the Way games to learn how to control our impulses.
A – Student voice is a big part of the way our school works, we have been working on developing the kids understanding of it. We believe that student voice is important because the students should have the skills to influence their learning. We have been recording their opinions on topics throughout the year in both the questioning and impulsivity areas.
T – This term I have dealt with my own struggles during meetings: stopping my habit of giving answers first and  instead learning how to get the group to work through things. I have been working on using different processes to meet this challenge. April was in my corner also helping me work through the struggle.  Learning how to struggle through challenging situations  is what we wanted to educate the students about.  We think some are starting to get that idea.  April  has been a great help this year in the deputy chairperson role. I couldn’t have handled this job without her there to calm me down when I was panicking before a meeting. Thankyou April.
A – I’m  proud of the way Trent has grown stronger during the year in dealing with  challenges of  leading SRC  meetings and initiatives. Even though you  still talk a lot and get off topic a bit you have been a really good asset to this team.   You have been really fantastic and showed us that a Year 6, really can, lead SRC.
T – We would now like to acknowledge the other members of our team. Emily Chybinski was an amazing secretary this year. She would do a fantastic job with the minutes every week. Thankyou Emily
A – This year we had three project officers Patrick Hann, Zac Kannane and Erza Veseli. They were a massive help contributing ideas and keeping things up to date. We were pretty lucky to have Patrick because between us two we didn’t really know much about IT.
T – We would now like to acknowledge Mr Marshall, Ms Magias and Mrs Natar. We would like to thank Ms Magias for helping us start this years journey of SRC.
A – Mrs Natar has been very helpful this year and always willing to step in and give us a hand.
T – We would like to give a special thanks to Mr Marshall for giving us this opportunity and believing in us.
A – And another thanks to our teachers Mrs Armanas, Mr Lamshed and Ms Shevchenko for being so supportive and giving us time to do both class and SRC work.
A – Next year I will be attending Brighton Secondary School. Where I hope to continue on with my leadership skills. I have enjoyed being apart of the SRC throughout my Woodend Primary School journey. I enjoy having a say in my learning and I think it’s important that students do.
T – good luck to the Year 7s in high school and I hope you all have a good evening.

Good evening, I’m Sarah and this is Alex. We both are honoured to speak tonight as valedictory speakers on behalf of Room 17.

Alex: I have attended Woodend Primary School for 8 years and it is unfortunately coming to an end. Throughout the years I have progressed in many aspects of my learning and made lots of friends. Sarah, how has primary school been for you?

Sarah: the 8 years I have spent at Woodend have been a rollercoaster. I wouldn’t have been able to get through primary school without having the support of my friends and teachers. I’m definitely  going to miss the friendly environment at Woodend. I can’t believe we are going to high school next year.

Alex: yeah me too. I hear you’re going to Brighton Secondary School too, I hope we don’t get sick of each other. I’m going to miss all my friends here at Woodend but Its time for a change. I’m excited to meet new students and have a variety of teachers. How do you feel about high school Sarah?

Sarah: I’m nervous about high school, especially the idea of being in a really big school. I hope I don’t get lost. I’m also going to miss my friends, but I’m excited to meet new people. One of my highlights of primary school would have to be being a sports day captain for 2015. What about you Alex?

Alex: Well… Canberra, not only did we see and experience things but we learnt a lot. Having the independence of your own room made it that much better. Anyway what were you saying about being a sports day captain Sarah?

Sarah: Playing such a big role in sports day was great but didn’t come for free, there was lots of preparation and responsibility involved. Sports day all together wouldn’t have turned out to be a great day without Mr Hehner. I learned so much from him and i bet everyone else did to. All our PE lessons have been so enjoyable because of him.

Alex: Our classroom teacher for 2015 was Ms Armanas. Last year when I found out I was in Mrs Armanas’ class I really didn’t know what to expect, but now I know she is one of the nicest, caring teachers and is passionate to help her students. We learn something new from her everyday and she always pushes us to be the best we can.

Sarah: Working with Ms Armanas this year has been great, she always supports us and we always feel that she is a really good teacher as she uses many strategies to help us understand. Not only I think this way but I know all of Room 17 feel the same.

Alex: Yeah, she has a great sense of humour as well, like when one of us do something really idiotic and she gives us the death stare, then smiles and starts laughing.

Sarah: THANKS MRS Armanas !!!!

Alex: We would also like to thank the SSOs including Sharyn Paris, Dana, Mrs. Peake, Mrs Sard, Mrs Hauber and Mrs Cavallaro. I have only worked with a couple of these staff members but from what I’ve heard from class mates  they are all helpful and contribute a lot to students’ learning.

Sarah: As a sports day captain I worked with Sharyn Paris and Kim Sard, They both helped with painting our banners and organise the day so a big thank you to both of them. All of the SSO’s at our school are so friendly and are always helping everyone so another thank you to them.

Alex: This school wouldn’t have been so successful without Mr Marshall, Mrs Magias and Mrs Natar. They are all so understanding and take interest in every student.

Sarah: I really don’t know how they manage all the kids at our school so well, they make it look so easy. Mr Marshall, Mrs Magais and Mrs Natar are all very approachable and friendly.

Alex: I knew I always had to leave Woodend eventually but I didn’t know it would be so soon. I’m sad to leave Woodend for a lot of reasons, saying goodbye to an environment filled with lots of students and teachers that I really like. So we both would like to thank the teachers we have had along the years for putting up with us.

Sarah: I really didn’t know it was going to be this hard to leave primary school. I’m really fortunate that I got to experience everything at Woodend. Everything I have done here will forever stay in my mind. I’ve had so many great teachers along the years and I have enjoyed being in all their classes.

Alex: Thank you all for listening.

Sarah: Good night ladies and gentleman.

24/11/15

E- Good evening everyone I’m Ella and this is Miles, we are both very honoured to be doing this speech on behalf of room 25. I have been at this wonderful school since reception in 2008 and so has Miles, we both feel like our teachers from reception to this year in year 7 have been great.

M- Yeah I agree this year has been great and I’m sad to say this was my last year at Woodend. Being at the school with all the supportive teachers has helped me gain confidence and build strong friendships. Especially our teachers this year Mr Lamshed and Mrs Shevchenko have helped me push through my fear of public speaking by encouraging me to do this speech. Mr lamshed has been great this year and last year because he gave us the chance to be independent with our work and a choice of where we would like to work. He trusts most of us, if not all of us and we trust him too.

E- Yes, I agree Mr Lamshed has been great to all of his students this year. I have so many great memories with both of our classroom teachers this year. I had Mrs Shevchenko as my teacher in year 5 and this year and she was a great teacher. She was very supportive and helped us with our work if we needed it. She is a very kind and caring teacher. From the years I have been in her class she has pushed me get my work done, I think part of the reason I have improved so much from year 5 to now is because of that. She is really friendly and builds strong relationships with all of her students. I have so many fantastic memories with Mrs Shevchenko.

M- Just like you said Ella all of my teachers supported me throughout my school years. If I needed help my teachers would help me, if I needed to talk they would have always been there for me.

E-I would also like to thank Mr Hehner for all his support throughout PE lessons and all of the SAPSASA sports that go on through the year. I was involved in the SAPSASA netball knockout team and Mr Hehner was really involved and spent his lunch times training us and coaching us at the games. One really important thing that Mr Hehner needs acknowledgement for is sports-day without him it would not be the awesome day that it is. Being a sports day captain at Woodend is an experience I will treasure forever, thankyou Mr Hehner.

M- I have really enjoyed the Boys Health program this year. We did things like learning to be respectful and using our manners. We took part in the #westandtall program and even got to be on today tonight. We discussed what being a man means and came up with quotes that would convince other boys to be mature. Tara Hadley came and photographed all the boys in the health class. I think this program was fantastic because of Mr Lamshed and all his effort he put in. what was one of your favourite things this year Ella?

E- One of my favourite things this year was jump rope. We gave up most of our lunch times to practice. The Jump team was so successful at the school visits and the championships because of all the hard work and all the time and effort Mr Z put in. If it wasn’t for Mr Z this would have never happened. So thanks again Mr Z.

M- Next year as you know I will be leaving Woodend and going on to high school at Hallett Cove. I will be going with many friends. I feel nervous about this because I’ve gotten to know many of the teachers in Woodend and I will have to earn trust with all the new teachers I will have at high school. I’m also nervous because I won’t know my way around very well and I’m not sure what might happen to me as a punishment if I’m late.

E- Yeah I feel the same, I am both excited and nervous for high school. I don’t really know what to expect. Like you said Miles, we will have to gain trust and get to know our teachers all over again.  I am so happy to be going to Reynella East next year with one of my best friends Ella Simes. We have been friends since reception and I hope that continues to year 12. I will hopefully make new friends next year.

M- Thank you for listening everyone and enjoy the rest of your evening.

23/11/15

Alex: I have attended Woodend Primary School for 8 years and it’s is unfortunately coming to an end. Throughout the years I have progressed in many aspects of my learning and made lots of friends. Sarah how has primary school been for you?

Sarah: I’m nervous about high school, especially the idea of being in a really big school. I really hope I don’t get lost. I’m also going to miss my friends, but I’m excited to meet new people. One of my highlights of primary school would have to be being a sports day captain for 2015. What about you Alex?

Sarah: Playing such a big role in sports was great but didn’t come for free, there was lots of preparation and responsibility involved. Sports day all together wouldn’t have turned out to be a great day without Mr Hehner. I learned so much from him and i bet everyone else did to. All our PE lessons have been so enjoyable because of him.

Sarah: Working with Ms Armanas this year has been great, she always supports us and we always feel that the is a really good teacher as she uses many strategies to help us understand. Not only I think this way but I know all of Room 17 feel the same.

Sarah: THANKS MRS Armanas !!!!

Alex: We would also like to thank the SSOs including Sharyn Paris, Dana, Mrs. Peake, Mrs Sard, Mrs Hauber and Mrs Cavallaro. I have only worked with a couple of these staff members but from what I’ve heard from class mates  they are all helpful and contribute a lot to students’ learning.

Alex: This school wouldn’t have been so successful without Mr Marshall, Mrs Magias and Mrs Natar. add something about how we relate students etc.

Sarah: I really don’t know how they manage all the kids at our school so well, they make it look so easy.

Alex: Thank you all for listening.

Sarah: Good night ladies and gentleman.

add significant comments about your class teachers … add  more about your  primary school experiences and your feelings about leaving…

M-Yeah I agree this year has been great and I’m sad to say this was my last year at Woodend. Being at the school with all the supportive teachers has helped me gain confidence and build strong friendships. Especially our teachers this year Mr Lamshed and Mrs Shevchenko have helped me push through my fear of public speaking by encouraging me to do this speech.

E- Just like Miles I feel all of my teachers have supported me throughout my school years. If I needed help my teachers would help me, if I needed to talk they would have always been there for me. I would also like to thank Mr Hehner for all his support throughout PE lessons and all of the SAPSASA sports that go on through the year. I was involved in the SAPSASA netball knockout team and Mr Hehner was really involved and spent his lunch times training us and coaching us at the games. One really important thing that Mr Hehner needs acknowledgement for is sports-day without him it would not be the awesome day that it is. Being a sports day captain at Woodend is an experience I will treasure forever. Thankyou Mr Hehner.

M- I have really enjoyed the Boys Health program. We did things like learning to be respectful and using our manners. We took part in the #westandtall program and even got to be on today tonight. We discussed what being a man means and came up with quotes that would convince other boys to be mature. Tara Hadley came and photographed all the boys in the health class. I think this program was fantastic because of Mr Lamshed and all his effort he put in. What was one of your favourite things this year Ella?

E- Yeah I feel the same, I am both excited and nervous for high school. I don’t really know what to expect. I am so happy to be going to Reynella East next year with one of my best friends Ella Simes. We have been friends since reception and I hope that continues to year 12.

To be continued……….

Minh- Good evening ladies, gentlemen, brothers and sisters. My name is Minh Nguyen and this is Emma Sandor and we are this year’s Valedictory Speakers for Mr Z’s Zedites! Gee, it’s so scary being up here in front of this huge crowd.

Emma- I remember starting school as a shy little girl and feeling like I was in this jungle surrounded by all different animals! Wild animal For my first teacher I had Mrs Ramsey I have been at this school for 8 years now and they have been very rewarding. I have learnt more, gained more confidence and most of all made new friends.

Minh- Unlike I came to this school in year 2 and my first teacher was Mrs. Natar. I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone here. But I was relieved because the teachers and students seemed really nice.

Emma- I have had so many awesome memories at this school and they will stay with me forever. My favourite memory was going to Canberra for the whole week. I loved having the privilege of having our own room.

Minh- Lead in I remember one time, a few of my classmates tried to prank Mrs. Whelan with a whoopee cushion but when she sat on it, ???? it burst.

Emma- Lead in And now, I’d like to thank Mr Lamshed and Sue Thompson for organising Music Night and the Choir ???. Woodend is very lucky to have them.

Minh- I’d also like to thank the Instrumental Music Teachers. They give up your time to help the students play Instruments! I’d especially like to thank Paul Henson for managing the Rockband and putting up ???with me, Matthew and Zac for so long.

Emma- Now I’d like to start talking about the old, crusty but wise Mr Z!! Not only would he come up with the best ideas in the world. Well that’s what he would say. I’d like to thank Mr Z for everything he has done for us this year. He is a helpful and caring teacher to his students. Mr Z is a strong believer in developing life leading skills and often provides his students when many responsibilities. He is always giving up his time to help us both in and out of the classroom.

Minh- He is good at negotiating even though we usually get our way! He is always adding humour to our lessons (even though when he does his stories can sometimes  go on FOR-EV-ER).He loves animals and our class is like a Pet Shop! We said “NO” to the spiders this year!

Emma- So once again I’d like to thank Mr Z for everything he done for us. I don’t really want to leave Primary School to be honest! But you know we all have to move on some part of our lives! Talking about moving on let’s talk a bit about High School

Minh- Next year I’ll be going to Glenunga International High School. That’s like a million kilometres away from here. I’m pretty nervous because I won’t know anyone there.

Emma- I will be attending Hallett Cove R-12. I’m really nervous to move on to a fresh start because to be honest I will miss primary school and I’m also excited to make new friends but sad to move on from old friends.

Minh- We could be talking forever and ever about our teacher and about high school but we have to leave.

Emma- Yes unfortunately we do have to leave. Thank you for listening to our speech and we hope you have a lovely night.

Calvin – Good evening everyone, my name is Calvin Quaziz and this is Ella Simes. We are proud to be the valedictory speakers for room 28, the amazing Whelan’s Wonders.

Ella – This year has been a very rewarding year for us. Over the past eight years we have gained more knowledge, friends and confidence than we ever could have imagined. Tonight we would like talk to you all about not only our experiences at Woodend, but our learning journeys as well.

Calvin – I came to Woodend in 2012, unlike Ella who has been here since reception in 2008. I was nervous and I had tears in my eyes because I didn’t know anyone. I wasn’t a very confident kid through primary school and being at Woodend has helped me gain more confidence in every way. Everyone has made me feel very welcome by showing me around the school and being loyal to me. I’m really glad that I chose to move here.

Ella – Just like Calvin I was extremely nervous on my first day although I did try to cover it up with excitement, and I’m still not exactly sure whether my little act worked well or not. Over the time of eight years I have grown massively, obviously in physical form but mentally as well. Although I have learnt so much already I know that there is a whole world out there to explore and so much more to discover.

Calvin – For the 2015 Myojo trip to Woodend both Ella and I hosted a Japanese student. The week they were here it was a great experience for not only them but us as well. We took them to many places like wildlife parks, the beach and other South Australian tourism spots. They were very brave to be able to come over to Australia, live with people they’ve never met and try new things everyday.

Ella – Woodend is a very lucky school to have been able to have exchange programs like this for the last 10 years, and it would not be possible without extreme planning. For this we would like to thank Ali Sensai for putting all of her hard work into the program and making it all happen, I’m sure that without you none of this ever would be possible. Ali Sensai is not only a fantastic teacher for this reason, but for all of the things she does to help us learn in the classroom as well. Unfortunately Ali Sensai is retiring after 15 years of being at Woodend and we would like to wish her the very best in the rest of her journey, along with thanking her for teaching us so well.

Calvin – Now let’s put the spotlight on the person who calls herself old, grey and wrinkly, the wonderful Ms Whelan! For the whole of 2015 she has been the most amazing teacher. Fun at times yet she always makes us complete our work and do it properly. Her list of sayings and rhymes is endless, anything from “Woe be tired ye molly whoopee!” to “scaredy cat from Ballarat standing on a witches hat”.

Ella – Not only would she say funny things like that all the time, but she sings and dances her way through the lessons. I’m pretty sure that the whole class would give her 10/10 for that. We’ve been pushed all year to do our very best in every subject, and once we think we’ve gotten to that point then we push ourselves even further. This has helped us realise that we can go further than we think, and its also helped us prepare for high school. She helps us by making sure we know that she’s always there to help us when we need it, so we can’t just sit there and say we don’t know what to do. She also supports us in all the work we do and however good or bad we think we are, we’re always told to try our best.

Calvin – We could say so much more about our fabulous teacher, but we wouldn’t want you to listen to our voices talk all night long. But before we move on we just want to thank Ms Whelan so much for all she has done for not only us but our whole class and the rest of the seniors at our school.

Calvin – Every second year all the year 6/7’s go on a fantastic school trip to Canberra. We all appreciate the experience we get from this trip very much and it wouldn’t be possible without the

planning that goes into it. The person who leads the organisation in this is Ms Whelan, but it’s not just her. All the other senior teachers help out of course.

Ella – Personally I don’t think I would ever be able to handle all that organisation, but Ms Whelan did and has done so for many years. And I’m also sure that she will continue to do so for many years to come.

Calvin – So we’d like to give a great big thank you to Ms Whelan for being the main organiser for this memorable trip.

Ella – As we mentioned before, our massive move to high school is edging closer and closer every day. The nerves kick in, but so does the excitement. At the moment we’re the oldest, biggest kids at the school, we’re on the top. But next year we’re going to be back down the bottom once again, having kids a whole 4 grades older than us.

Calvin – Yeah you’re right. But high school will be full of new friends, new opportunities and new memories. To be honest I can’t wait!

Ella – Neither can I, and I’m sure the rest of our year 7 classmates can’t wait either!

Calvin – I said that there were going to be new memories next year, but before they can be made and kept in our minds we need to look at the fantastic memories we already have. Whether they were from 8 hours ago or 8 years ago, they will stick with you for as long as you let them.

Ella – True, very true. I’m going to miss the Woodend school environment so much. It’s just so safe and inviting here, although I guess that’s because I’ve been here for as long as I have. I honestly didn’t think that my primary school years here would end so soon.

Calvin – Same for me, and I’m sure that it’s the same for the our fellow friends graduating tonight. Now to wrap it up tonight we would just like to thank everyone that has helped make our time at this school so enjoyable.

Ella – Thank you all for listening and enjoy the rest of your night here at the 2015 Woodend Primary School graduation.

## Room 19

Good evening everyone. My name is Emily Chybinski.

And my name is Iman Niazian-Afarinesh.

We are this year’s Valedictory Speakers for Room 19, representing our classmates and teacher, Mrs Aparicio. On behalf of our class, we’d like to thank our teacher for selecting us for these positions, as well as the enjoyable year we’ve had in year 7.

We’d like to thank our teacher first. Mrs Aparicio is a lively teacher with lots of creative ideas for our many projects that we’ve had over the year. She makes learning so interesting and encouraged us to stretch our thinking. She also pushed us with our learning and made sure we achieved our personal best.

We could learn in many different ways too, as our learning spaces weren’t only in the classroom, but also digitally, where Mrs Aparicio actively managed the class blog. So this goes to you, Mrs A! We hope you’ve had a fantastic first year in Woodend.

(Both) We apa-ri-ci-ate you!

Hopefully we’ll come and visit next year.

Next year? We’ll be in high-school then. Speaking of high-school, how do you feel about leaving Woodend and starting a new school?

My feelings about high school are mixed – I feel nervous and excited at the same time. The worst thing about leaving primary school is leaving my school friends of whom I have been with since reception. Going to high school will be like walking into a new environment, and I bet it will be very interesting. The bad thing is going from being the leader of the school and biggest person to being the little one again. It’s gonna be scary.

Yeah, it will. Especially the new school grounds, unfamiliar faces, a confusing routine…the list seems endless. Bottom line is that it’ll be different. I haven’t been a fan of change, however, I’ve got to deal with it, overcome these challenges and simply push forward.

So how do you feel?

I guess I have a mixture of emotions as well. I used to be in such a rush to grow up, and maybe I still am but isn’t every child? I’ve run out of years in this school, and I kind of want to jump back a couple. Unfortunately, none of us can, but at least I’ve saved my memories up here. In fact, I feel connected to this school, like a part of it has left an imprint on me. Hopefully it will stay there after I leave, as I can remember many positive memories and experiences, some I wouldn’t mind reliving and experiencing all over again.

You know what I remember? One of the funniest moments of year 7 would have to been when Jarrad thought he could balance on a broken stool in Arts, then all we could hear is a big bang. We turned our heads and see Jarrad on the floor with the broken stool on top of him.

Haha. I remember making Lauren laugh so hard chocolate milk came out her nose. It’s the little, silly memories like those that will stay with me forever.

Are you going to miss your friends?

Definitely. But you know what else I’ll miss? Aquatics.

One of our many year 6/7 highlights is Aquatics, where we get to participate in water-related activities for two days at Port Noarlunga. I think I speak on behalf of all senior students when I say that it’s a complete blast.

Of course, it wouldn’t be possible without the lovely work of Mrs Bruggemann and Mrs Gregory, who book fantastic trips every year. As well as that, Mrs Bruggemann works in the school’s reception while Mrs Gregory manages all of the finance in Woodend. So we’d like to extend a big thank you to you both for contributing to our school.

But hey, let’s come back to school for a moment. The citizenship program started in 2005, and has continued to be a beneficial way for senior students to get involved in the school and community. Some involvements include canteen, library committee, choir and plenty more.

And we’ve got a long list of people to acknowledge, since so many of them ensure that the citizenship program runs smoothly. It’s a team effort, after all.

First off we’d like to thank Mrs Riggs and Mr Lamshed for helping out the Digital Leaders, and providing ICT support in our school. As well as that, Mr Lamshed coached the Senior Choir this year.

Second, our Canteen managers, Di and Helen. Without you, how would our senior students be able to work in our great canteen? And of course, how else would we get the free food leftover from our shift?

Finally, we’d like to thank Mrs Dinham and Mrs Shevchenko for organising the library committee, and making sure it isn’t just about books.

Wow, we’re going to leave all those important people in our school. I’ll miss all of them.

I know right. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t leaving at all, but you know what else we have to leave right now?

Don’t tell me we’re leaving school right now.

No, the stage silly. It’s time for us to sit down and get out of the spotlight.

Thank you for listening and goodnight.

We hope you enjoy the rest of our Graduation night.

##

##

For the Meeting on 20 November at 1:30 pm : 

The two valedictory speakers from each class  continue work together to:

• improve your speech in accordance with the feedback from the last meeting… see below.
    • biggest feedback was about  making sure you lead into comments about different things.  This is called segueing.
    • make sure you have edited out any typos , spelling and function errors.  
  • make sure your comments about your class teacher are significant enough
  • make sure you include required comments about school events and staff …
  • Email your writing to Mr Marshall by 19 November …
##

Calvin – Good evening everyone, my name is Calvin Quaziz and this is Ella Simes. We are proud to be the valedictory speakers for Room 28, the amazing Whelan’s Wonders.

Calvin – I came to Woodend in 2012, unlike Ella who has been here since reception in 2008. I was nervous and I had tears in my eyes because I didn’t know anyone. I haven’t a very confident kid through primary school and being at Woodend has helped me gain more confidence in every way. Everyone has made me feel very welcome by showing me around the school and being loyal to me. I’m really glad that I chose to move here.

Ella – Woodend is a very lucky school to have been able to have exchange programs like this for the last 10 years, and it would not be possible without extreme planning. For this we would like to thank Ali Sensai for putting all of her hard work into the program and making it all happen.  I’m sure that without you none of this ever would be possible. Ali Sensai is not only a fantastic teacher for this reason, but for all of the things she does to help us learn in the classroom as well. Unfortunately Ali Sensai is retiring after 15 years of being at Woodend and we would like to wish her the very best in the rest of her journey, along with thanking her for teaching us so well.

Calvin – Now let’s put the spotlight on the person who calls herself old, grey and wrinkly, the wonderful Ms Whelan! For the whole of 2015 she has been the most amazing teacher. Fun at times yet she always makes us complete our work and do it properly. Her list of sayings and rhymes is endless, anything from “Woe be tide ye molly whoopee!” to “scaredy cat from Ballarat standing on a witches hat”.

Ella – Not only would she say funny things like that all the time, but she sings and dances her way through the lessons. I’m pretty sure that the whole class would give her 10/10 for that. We’ve been pushed all year to do our very best in every subject, and once we think we’ve gotten to that point then we push ourselves even further. This has helped us realise that we can go further than we think, and its also helped us prepare for high school. She helps us by making sure we know that she’s always there to help us when we need it; so we can’t just sit there and say we don’t know what to do. She also supports us in all the work we do and however good or bad we think we are, we’re always told to try our best.

Calvin – Now we could stop here and say that all she does is teach us, but it’s so much more than that. Ashe also leads the organisation (with the other teachers of course) of the year 6/7 school trip to Canberra every second year. Just from seeing everything we did on the trip this year, I can tell that there would be incredible amounts of planning for it.

Ella – As we mentioned before, our massive move to high school is edging closer and closer every day. The nerves kick in, but so does the excitement. At the moment we’re the oldest, biggest kids at the school; we’re on the top. But next year we’re going to be back down the bottom once again, having kids a whole 4 grades older than us.

Calvin – Same for me, and I know  that it’s the same for the our fellow friends graduating tonight. Now to wrap it up tonight we would just like to thank everyone that has helped make our time at this school so enjoyable.

##

##

For the Meeting on 12 November at 2:15 pm : 

The two valedictory speakers from each class  must now work together to:

• combine your two speeches
  • include comments about your class teacher
  • include required comments about school events and staff …

check your required comments here

Email your writing to Mr Marshall by 12 November …

Ella – This year has been a very rewarding year for us. Over the past eight years we have gained more knowledge, friends and confidence than we ever could have imagined. Tonight we would like talk to you all about not only our experiences at Woodend, but some of our classmate’s journeys as well.

Calvin – I came to Woodend in 2012, unlike Ella who has been here since reception in 2008. I was nervous and i had tears in my eyes because i didn’t know anyone. I wasn’t a very confident kid through primary school and being at Woodend has helped me gain more confidence in every way. Everyone has made me feel very welcome by showing me around the school and being loyal to me. I’m really glad that I chose to move here.

Ella – Just like Calvin i was extremely nervous on my first day although i did try to cover it up with excitement, and I’m still not exactly sure whether my little act worked well or not. Over the time of eight years i have grown massively, obviously in physical form but mentally as well. Although i have learnt so much already i know that there is a whole world out there to explore and so much more to discover.

Ella – Woodend is a very lucky school to be able to have exchange programs like this every year (10 years), and it would not be possible without extreme planning. For this we would like to thank Ali Sensai for putting all of her hard work into the program and making it all happen, i’m sure that without you none of this ever would be possible. Ali Sensai is not only a fantastic teacher for this reason, but for all of the things she does to help us learn in the classroom as well. So for all of this we would like to say a huge thank you to our fantastic Japanese teacher, Ali Sensai! Retirement

Ella – Not only would she say funny things like that all the time, but she sings and dances her way through the lessons. I’m pretty sure that the whole class would give her 10/10 for that. We’ve been pushed all year to do our very best in every subject, and once we think we’ve gotten to that point then we push ourselves even further. This has helped us realise that we can go further than we think, and its also helped us prepare for high school. Ms Whelan has also taught us things that will help us in big ways during our high school years.  Something about how she gets the best our of you and helps you learn.

Calvin – Now we could stop here and say that all she does is teach us, but its so much more than that. Aside from all the teaching that she does do there is a major event she organises (coordinates with the help of other teachers) every second year, and that is the year 6/7 school trip to Canberra. Just from seeing everything we did on the trip this year, i can tell that there would be incredible amounts of planning for it.

Ella – You’ve got to book tours for all of the places we visit, book the rooms at the motel we stay in, book the bus trips, sort out timetables and make sure everyone knows what’s going on at all times. Personally I don’t think I would ever be able to handle that, but Ms Whelan did and has done so for many years. And I’m also sure that she will continue to do so for many years to come.

Calvin – We could say so much more about our fabulous teacher, but we would probably be here for the rest of the night. But before we move on we just want to thank Ms Whelan so much for all she has done for not only us but our whole class and the rest of the seniors at our school.  Reduce Ms Whelan but keep it very complimentary.

Calvin – Yeah you’re right. But high school will be full of new friends, new opportunities and new memories. To be honest i can’t wait!

Ella – Neither can I, and I’m sure the rest of our classmates can’t wait either!

Ella – I remember in 2012, when you arrived and ended up in my class, our whole class would joke around all the time with Mr Brown. Whether it was about the footy, dancing, the class novel or even maths!

TO BE CONTINUED…

Good evening, I’m Sarah and this is Alex. We both are honoured to speak tonight as valedictory speakers on behalf of room 17. 
Alex: I have attended Woodend primary school for 8 years and it’s is unfortunately coming to an end. Throughout the years I have had many memories, not all positive,( pause) but I have learned from all my mistakes. Sarah how has primary school been for you? S: What were those mistakes????
Alex: yeah me too. I hear you’re going to Brighton secondary school too, I hope we don’t get sick of each other. I’m going miss all my friends here at Woodend but Its time for a change. I’m excited to meet new students and have a variety of teachers. How do you feel about high school Sarah? 
Sarah: I’m nervous for high school, especially the idea of having a big school. I really hope I don’t get lost. I’m also going to miss my friends, but I’m excited to meet new people. My highlight of primary school would have to be being a sports day captain for 2015. What about you Alex? 
Alex: Canberra ( was the greatest primary school experience. I wasn’t a big fan of the bus trip but when we arrived it was so worth it. Having the independence of your own room made it that much better. anyway what were you saying about being a sports day captain Sarah?
Sarah: being a sports day captain was so great because I loved the leader ship (talk about leadership) role and having to be responsible. Sports day all together wouldn’t have turned out to be a great day without Mr Hehner.I learned so much from him and i bet everyone else did to. All our PE lessons have been so enjoyable because of him. 
Alex: Our classroom teacher for 2015 was Ms Armanas. We learn something new from her everyday and she always pushes us to be the best we can. 

Sarah: Working with Ms Armanas this year has been great, she always supports us and is always full of surprises. I would like to thank her on behalf of room 17 for being a fantastic teacher. Build more compliments about her teaching.
Alex: we would also like to thank the SSO’s including Sharyn Paris, Dana, Mrs. Peake, Mrs sard, Mrs Hauber and Mrs Cavallaro. I have only worked with a couple of these teachers but from what I see you’re (what class mates have said ) all helpful and contribute a lot to our school.
Alex: This school wouldn’t have been so successful without Mr Marshall, Mrs Magias and Mrs Natar.
Alex: I knew I always had to leave Woodend eventually but I didn’t know it would be so soon. primary reflections .We both would like to thank the teachers we have had along the years for putting up with us.
Sarah: I really didn’t know it was going to be this hard to leave primary school. I’m really fortunate that I got to experience everything at Woodend. Everything I have done here will forever stay in my mind.
Alex: thank you all for listening, good night. 

Room 19’s Valedictory Speech

Emily’s parts and Iman’s parts

And my name is Iman Niazian-Afarinesh.

We are this year’s Valedictory Speakers for room 19, representing our classmates and teacher, Mrs Aparicio. On behalf of our class, we’d like to thank our teacher for selecting us for these positions, as well as the enjoyable year we’ve had in year 7. So this goes to you, Mrs A! We hope you’ve had a fantastic first year in Woodend.

You know what’s also fantastic?

Maybe start with your feelings??

What?

Aquatics!

Oh yeah! How could I forget? One of our many year 6/7 highlights is Aquatics, where we get to participate in water-related activities for two days at Port Noarlunga. I think I speak on behalf of all senior students when I say that it’s a complete blast. While I’ve stuck with snorkelling and canoeing for both years, I’m sure all of the activities are equally enjoyable. You get the opportunity to learn new skills, socialise with friends, be a part of the year 6/7 team, and of course, miss out on school for a couple days, not that we don’t learn anything whilst at Aquatics.

I guess Aquatics opens up students’ minds to the wonderful marine environment and ecosystem that we have in our region. I remember in our class after Aquatics, we did some work about our local ecosystem, creatures that can be found within the environment, the food chain, and how it all works and links together. Aquatics isn’t just about having fun, it’s equally as educational, if not mind-broadening. I mean, how cool is it to interact with fish? Like be literally swimming with them, touching them and feeding them? too much on aquatics 

Of course, this all wouldn’t be possible without the lovely work of Mrs Bruggemann and Mrs Gregory, who organise these fantastic trips every year. So we’d like to extend a big thank you to you both, on behalf of the year 6/7 team who love these excursions.

But hey, let’s come back to school for a moment. What do we do at school?

Learn?

Yeah, but what about the citizenship program?

What about it?

Let me handle the talking. The citizenship program started in 2005, and has continued to be a beneficial way for senior students to get involved in the school and community. Some involvements include canteen, library committee, sports borrowing, sports committee, traffic, choir, SRC, digital leadership, school sport and SAPSASA sport, music, Jump, PA assistance…

I think we get the point. Bottom line is that there’s so much you can do, and benefit the school in so many different ways. It’s about prioritising your responsibilities and commitments, and contributing in a positive way.

What about the points?

Oh yeah. Who doesn’t love points? I’ve collected 23 for myself.

Don’t show off. Everyone knows you’ve done way too much over the year.Like??? Well, what I like about receiving points in the program is when you’ve collected enough, you get to visit the North Adelaide Aquatics Centre at the end of the year as a way to celebrate your contribution.

And we’ve got a long list of people to thank (team effort), since so many of them ensure that the citizenship program runs smoothly.

First off we’d like to thank Mrs Riggs and Mr Lamshed for helping out the Digital Leaders, and providing ICT support in our school.

I think the citizenship program allows us to build our leadership skills and model responsibility and involvement to the younger students. You know, so we’re better prepared from high-school.

Wait, say that again.

That again?

No, what you said before.

So we’re better prepared for high-school?

Yeah, that. High-school – we’re going there next year.

Really? I forgot about that!

Isn’t this Graduation?

Oh yeah…

Well, how do you feel about leaving Woodend?

I guess I have a mixture of emotions. I used to be in such a rush to grow up, and maybe I still am but isn’t every child? First it was to be a year older than the previous, then it was to reach my middle primary years, then it was to become a senior and boom – now I’ve run out of years in this school, and I kind of want to jump back a couple. Unfortunately, none of us can, but at least I’ve saved my memories up here. In fact, I feel connected to this school, like a part of it has left an imprint on me. Hopefully it will stay there after I leave, as I can remember many positive memories and experiences, some I wouldn’t mind reliving and experiencing all over again.

I also miss the end of past years when my name would be announced for my next classroom, knowing I still had another year if not more ahead of me in Woodend. I found those times a bit scary though equally exciting. I always hoped to be with my friends and with a friendly yet beneficial teacher. After the summer holidays I would return to the school and everything would be just the way I left it. Having been in this school for eight years, I was quite accustomed to that process. Did I know it would one day change? Perhaps I did, I mean, why wouldn’t I be aware of high-school? I just shoved it into the depths of my mind, and I liked it that way. Next year it won’t be like that. New school grounds, unfamiliar faces, a confusing routine…the list seems endless. Bottom line is that it’ll be different. Call me stubborn, but I’m not a fan of change. However, I’ve got to deal with it, overcome these challenges and simply push forward. As much as it seems scary and stressing, I’m sure high-school will be a rewarding experience of my entire schooling. Enough about me, how about you?

Well, I started school in 2007, and I could remember walking into class on the first day of school, being so nervous and only having my kindergarten friends with me. Throughout the years at the school I’ve made many friends till now in Year 7. Woodend has helped me a lot with my social skills and I will take these skills with me through the rest of my life. Segue into this  One of the funniest moments of year 7 would have to been when Jarrad thought he could balance on a broken stool in Arts, then all we could hear is a big bang. We turned our heads and see Jarrad on the floor with the broken block on top of him. I also took part of some other activities including SAPSASA Footy, SAPSASA touch rugby, school soccer and SAPSASA soccer. With our SAPSASA soccer team we got to the quarter finals and lost 1-0, but Mr Hehner said that we should be proud of ourselves because that was the furthest our SAPSASA team has gone.  One moment I won’t forget about Mr Heiner is when I called him Matt and he got a bit angry and said look, “Iman, while you are in Primary School you call me Mr Heiner but when you leave for high school and come back to visit the school you can call me by my first name then.”

I can’t wait till I come back to visit next year. My feelings about High School are mixed – I feel nervous and exited at the same time. The worst thing about leaving Primary school is leaving my school friends of whom I have been with since Reception. Going to High School will be like walking into a new environment, and I bet it will be very interesting. The bad thing is going from being the leader of the school and biggest person to being the little one again. It’s gonna be scary.

I know right. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t leaving at all.

You know what else we have to leave right now?

Yes! I mean, how unfortunate.

Thank you for listening, even when we had a few misunderstandings.

What? What’d I do?

Nothing. We wish you all a pleasant evening.

Thank you. Enjoy the rest of our Graduation night.

Big  comments on your teacher needed

Room 25

E- good evening everyone my name is ella  

M- and my name is miles. 

M- I don’t really want  (be careful of negatives)to be up here talking in front of a huge audience and a microphone way to close to my face. Anyway….

E- We are both honoured to be doing this speech.

E- all my primary school years were fantastic and i am so sad to say this was my last year at this  excellent school.

M- I’ve grown so much throughout my time at Primary school and Ive made many strong friendships. 

E-  i have been involved in so many activities during school and i has helped me build strong friendships and relationships with the people throughout the school. 

M- Being at this school for so long has also helped me gain trust with most teachers through out the school years, and I’d also like to thank Mr Lamshed and Mrs Shevchenko for being my teachers this year. NOT enough

E- i would like to thank Mr hehner for all his support throughout PE lessons, SAPSASA and sports day. I would also like to thank Mr Z and Mrs Sheppard for all their time and support with the jump rope team.

M- I don’t really want to be moving on to high school and I don’t think any one else really does either. Ive grown to like it here and Im used to the way things at this school work. Im feeling nervous to go to high school but excited as well. 

E- for some students district day was a highlight of their year. There  was around 15 schools competing. The captains of the team were Sarah Morgan and Deacon Riggs. Woodend won overall. 

M- Some students were selected to go to Rugby tag. There were 8 teams competing at Rugby. Woodend won 6 of those games and lost 2. They made it to semi finals but didnt make it to the final. Overall they came second.

E- I was part of the knockout netball team along with 8 other girls. We won 1 game against flagstaff hill primary and we lost our second against craigburn. 

Introduction- Minh- Good evening Ladies, Gentlemen, Brothers and Sisters. My name is Minh Nguyen and this is Emma Sandor and we are this years Valedictory Speakers for Mr Z’s Zedites!
Emma- I remember starting school as a shy little girl and feeling like I was in this jungle surrounded by all different animals! For my first teacher I had Mrs Ramsey (positive comment)I have been at this school for 8 years now and they have been very rewarding. I have learnt more, gained more confidence and most of all made new friends.
Minh- I came to this school in year 2. I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone here. But I was relieved because the teachers and students seemed really nice. My first teacher was Mrs Natar (positive comment)

Memories- Emma-(segue into this… A good memory was when Maddii Bailey, Amelia Green and I went to go look for our Japanese student because she went missing around the school! Another good memory was Canberra staying with my friends for the week.

Minh- move this to another spotI’ll be going to Glenunga Highschool which is like a million kilometres away from here.
Minh- I remember one time, a few of my classmates tried to prank Mrs. Whelan with a whoopee cushion but when she sat on it, it burst.

Emma- Mr Lamshed isn’t only just a teacher he is a really good Choir Teacher. Woodend is very lucky to have Teachers and SSO’s like Mr Lamshed. If we didn’t have Teachers like Mr Lamshed we wouldn’t have any Senior Choir and nothing like that! Also I’d like to thank Mrs Thomson for doing Performing Arts and organising Music Night. You taught all of us Year 6/7’s how to film and edit our films! So I’d like to give a massive thanks to Mr Lamshed and Mrs Thomson!
Minh- I’d also like to thank the Instrumental Music Teachers. You give up your time to help the students play Instruments! I’d especially like to thank Paul Henson for managing the Rockband and putting up with me, Matthew and Zac for so long.
Emma- Now let’s start talking about the one the only Handsome Mr Zamponga!! Not only would he come up with the best. I’d like to thank Mr Z for everything he has done for us this year. Mr Z is a helpful and caring teacher to his students. He is always giving up his time to help us both in and out of the class room.
Minh- He is good at negotiating even though we usually get our way! He is always adding humour to our lessons (even though when he does it sometimes can go on until Reccess or Lunch time)… He loves animals and our class is like a Pet Shop! We said “NO” to the spiders this year! Awww I like spiders!
Minh- I’ll be going to Glenunga Highschool. That’s like a million kilometres away from here. I’m pretty nervous because I won’t know anyone there.
TO BE CONTINUED……
SRC SPEECH

T – Good evening my name is April and this is Trent. This year we were chosen to be apart of the SRC Leadership team.

A – Our focus for this year was do educate the children about student voice and and using it throughout life. Member from the leadership would post pictures and videos fortnightly to further their questioning ability.c

T – This year we have also been learning about impulsivity, we have been working to achieve our goals we set earlier this year. We have been using play is the way games to learn how to control our impulses. 

A – Student voice is a big part of the way our school works, we have been working on developing the kids understanding of it. We believe that student voice is important because the students are one of the biggest parts of our school and should get a say in their learning. We have been recording their opinions on topics throughout the year.

T – April has been a great help this year and stepped up into the deputy chairperson role. I couldn’t have handled this job without her she was there to calm me down when I was panicking before a meeting. I thank her for helping me through this year Thankyou April. 

A – Even though you talk a lot and get off topic a bit you have been a really good asset to this team. You have showed us that even a year 6 can take on a leadership job. 

A – And another thanks to our teachers Mrs Armanas, Me Lamshed and Ms Shevchenko for being so supportive and giving us time to do both class and SRC work. 

T – good luck to the year 7’s in high school and I hope you all have a good evening

For the Meeting on 4 November:

check the requirements here.

Email your writing to Mr Marshall

(brian.marshall973@schools.sa.edu.au)

04/11/15 second drafts

Goodevening everyone. My name is Miles Oxenberry. Ive been going to Woodend Primary since 2008. And I dont really want to be up here talking in front of and audience this large…..Anyway.

During my time at Primary school Ive made many new frienships throughtout the years. I remember when I first started school here I had 3 friends at most. After reception 1 of them moved schools. I remember feeling upset because I didnt want him to leave. After then I started making some new friends. But in year 2 one of my best friends moved schools, and for a while there I remember feeling lost and alone.

Ive also made many achievements I never thought I would. Like for example becoming Valedictory Speaker or making the SAPSASA team just to name a couple. When I was told that I was Valedictory Speaker I felt proud of myself to have been chosen by my teachers, Mr Lamshed + Mrs Shevchenko. But I didnt really want to do it. Thats when my teachers started trying to convince me to give it a go. I ended up agreeing to it, mainly just to make them proud.

One memory I will never forget will be when Tien Lam and I dressed up as the Maze Runner characters for book week last year and Ms Ottewell challenged us to keep on ripunning for the whole day. Tien and I agreed to do it. But soon got told we had to stop as we were about to take a photo.

Im going to go to Hallett Cove highschool. Going to highschool is something Ive always been trying to forget about because I really dont want to go. This is because I like it here and Ive made this school feel like my home. I feel nervous about moving to high school mostly because I wont know many people there and Im going to have to make new friends. Another reason is because I like feeling like the leader of the school with all my friends, but going to hispgh school Im just going to become one of the little kids. Im also nervous about the teachers and finding my way about the school. Im nervous about the teachers because I dont know them as well as I know the teachers here. Im nervous about finding my way around because what if I dont make it to class on time? Im sort of excited to be going to go to High School, but still nervous too.

Thankyou for listening and good evening.

Hello my name is Iman I have been at Woodend for 8 years now.  And I feel privileged to be Valedictory speaker for my class my teacher this year was Mrs Aparicio. I started school in 2007 I could remember walking into class on the first day of school and being so Nervous and only having my kindergarten friends with me but through out the years at the school Ive made many friends till now in Year 7. Woodend has helped me a lot with my social skills and I will take these skills with me through the rest of my life. One of the funniest moments of year 7 would have to been when Jarrad thought he could balance on a broken stool in arts then all you hear is a big bang we turned our heads and see Jarrad on the floor with the broken block on top of him. I also took part of some other activities including SAPSASA Footy, SAPSASA touch rugby, school soccer and SAPSASA soccer with our SAPSASA soccer team we got to the quarter finals and loss 1-0 Mr Heiner said that we should be proud of ourselves because this is the furthest our SAPSASA team has gone.  One moment I wont forger about Mr Heiner is when I called him Matt and he got a bit angry and said look Iman while you are in Primary School you call me Mr Heiner but when you leave to high school and come back and visit the school you can call me by my first name then. I cant wait till I come back to visit next year. My feelings about High School are mixed i feel nervous and exited at the same time. The worst thing about leaving Primary school is leaving my school friends which i have been with since Reception but going to High School will be like walking into a new environment will be very interesting. But the bad thing is going from being the leader of the school and biggest person to being the little one again is gonna be scary.

Ella Simes

My primary school years will be a time in my life that i will remember forever. I started reception as a little girl with only her friends from kindergarten beside her. Now as a year 7, a senior of the school, i have more knowledge and friends than i ever thought i would. 

Over the time of eight years i have grown massively, obviously in physical form but mentally as well. In pretty much every subject i have gone from a 10 to an 110. Every time i received either a mid term or end of year report i would always look at my grades to see if i had improved, and just about every time i was getting the same satisfactory grades. I used to think that it was a bad thing and i thought that i was not getting better at anything, but now i know that i am constantly improving, wherever and whenever. 

Apart from all the hard working times, i have had some amazing excursions and events over the years too. One main event every year is sports day and i have really enjoyed it every time. From years 3-5 we went on a camp every year to a different place and i always found the different activities very interesting and enjoyable. In year 6/7 we went on an aquatics excursion at Port Noarlunga Beach/River and not only myself, but everyone else I’m sure, found this being a highlight of senior years at Woodend. This year all of the year 6/7’s also went on a trip to Canberra of which none of us will ever forget because of how fun and enjoyable it was. 

I’m extremely nervous about going to high school for many reasons, but I’m also excited those very same things as well. The main reason is that I’ll be leaving most of my closest friends because we are going to different schools, but I’m also nervous because i wont know anything about the school. Here at Woodend i know the place like the back of my hand; how to get to all the classrooms and anywhere else. Now once the last day of school for 2015 is over, it will all change and there’ll be no turning back.

My time at Woodend has been amazing. Some days i just didn’t want to go to school because i couldn’t be bothered, but every time i stepped foot onto school grounds i instantly regretted not wanting to be there. I’ve gained more of everything; friends, knowledge, confidence, respect. I’ll forever take all of my qualities i’ve learnt during primary school and use them throughout the rest of my life.

Minh

Valedictory Speech 2015   v2

Good evening ladies and gentlemen, my name is Minh Nguyen and I’m this year’s valedictory speaker for Mr. Z’s class. First, I’d like to thank all my teachers, friends and especially my parents for putting up with my sometimes annoying behavior and helping me to get here, on the stage. And just so we’re clear, I really don’t want to be up here talking to this huge crowd of people but anyway…

I came here in 2010. I remember that I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone here. But in the end, I made lots of friends and here I am now. I also remember playing with my friends and then seeing giant gorillas appear from outta nowhere. Later, I learnt that the gorillas were actually year 6 and 7 students, but in my defence, I was a very creative child.

I’ve learnt many things over the years and one of them is that life isn’t fair. So say that you are a Richmond fan and you have a game against the Power. Richmond will lose because 1- life isn’t fair and 2-Port Power is the best team there is. Another thing I’ve learnt is to always be positive even if the situation is really bad.

Mr. Z has been a great teacher and I feel privileged to be in his class for 2015, even if he’s a bit annoying sometimes. This year has been a very interesting one. I feel like the best thing about this year is when the Year 6,7s went to Canberra. I remember that my dorm and the dorm next to us didn’t go to sleep until up to 12 o’clock, but then again, we were all boys so…

I remember last year a bunch of my classmates (boys, obviously) tried to prank Mrs. Whelan with a whoopee cushion. But as she sat on it, it burst! Next year, I’m going to Glenunga International Highschool. I’m really nervous because I barely know anyone there. I’m sad because I will have to leave all my friends behind since they are all going to different highschools. I will also miss the amount of work we get because in highschool you have different classes so you often get homework from all of them.

Calvin

Next year im going to high school. I will be attending Seaview High School. Things that im excited about is the choice of subjects because when im older I want to be a graphic designer. Im going to miss the homework from primary school because i’ve asked people that have moved from primary school to high school how hard is the homework. They said theres lots more homework compared to primary school. Im sad to leave some of my best friends that are going to a different high school. I hope I can keep a close frienship with them also im hoping to make new friends as well. Im going to have to get used to moving classrooms. In primary school you only stay with one teacher most of the time. In high school you change teacher every lesson. Overall im nervous about moving to high school as well im excited for the change and ready for what challenges i face.

Sarah Morgan

I have been at Woodend for 8 years. It’s gone by so fast because I remember walking into school on my first day of reception. Everyone was so intimidating because they were so much bigger, now that I’m in year 7 I still feel the same because I’m so short, no not really. I have so many memories at Woodend and I will never forget them.

I have grown in every aspect of my life. Not only academically. I have matured over the years and Woodend has definitely helped me make the right choices. I am constantly improving in everything I do. Over the years I have enjoyed the extra curricular activities but I also enjoy all the subjects that we take in class. Math would have to be my favourite.

I’m so unbelievably nervous for high school. Im going to Brighton secondary school. I can only see high school the way it is in all the movies but my older friends tell me it’s nothing like that. I find it hard to believe. I’m sad to leave my old friends behind but Im excited to make new friends and meet new people.its going to be hard to go from being the biggest and oldest in the school to being the smallest and youngest. My goals are to get through high school and then go to university. I’m also nervous for all the homework we will be getting, I think I’m going to have to work really hard but I enjoy a good challenge.

Emily – Valedictory speech ideas

I used to be in such a rush to grow up, and maybe I still am but isn’t every child? First it was to be a year older than the previous, then it was to reach my middle primary years, then it was to become a senior and boom – now I’ve run out of years in this school, and I kind of want to jump back a couple. Unfortunately, none of us can, but at least I’ve saved my memories up here <point to head>. In fact, I feel connected to this school, like a part of it has left an imprint on me. Hopefully it will stay there after I leave, for I can remember many positive memories and experiences, some I wouldn’t mind reliving and experiencing all over again.

I miss the end of past years when my name would be announced for my next classroom, knowing I still had another year if not more ahead of me in Woodend. I found those times a bit scary though equally exciting. I always hoped to be with my friends and with a friendly yet beneficial teacher. After the summer holidays I would return to the school and everything would be just the way I left it. Having been in this school for eight years, I was quite accustomed to that process. Did I know it would one day change? Perhaps I did, I mean, why wouldn’t I be aware of high-school? I just shoved it into the depths of my mind, and I liked it that way. Next year it won’t be like that. New school grounds, unfamiliar faces, a confusing routine…the list seems endless. Bottom line is that it’ll be different. Call me autistic, but I’m not a fan of change. I’m most content when things stay the same, like a routine, as an example. My parents should be able to relate to this, right? <eye parents> However, I’ve got to deal with it, overcome these challenges and simply push forward. As much as it seems scary and stressing, I’m sure high-school will be a rewarding experience of my entire schooling.

#

#

#

Meeting on 28 October

Please email  to Mr Marshall (brian.marshall973@schools.sa.edu.au)

your  draft half page personal reflection on how you feel about your primary years.

Your writing will then  be posted here for us to refer to. Next time you will be posting directly into this page.

Here is the hand out from our first meeting.

28/10/15 first drafts

Good evening everyone. My name is Miles Oxenberry. I feel privilaged to have been asked to be Valedictory speaker to represent my class this year although I dont really want to be up here with a big audience staring at me and with a microphone feeling way to close to my face. So if I pass out and fall off the stage please help me up and get me out of here.

Anyway lets get this started so I can hurry up and get off this stage. I started at woodend Primary in 2008. 

Im here on behalf of room 25. My teachers are Mr Lamshed and Mrs Shevshenko. One of the highlighta of this year was be going to Canberra. Surprisingly the thing I enjoyed the most was the bus trip. I found the bus trip fun because it gave me time to sit and talk with all my friends. Woodend has helped me alot with my social skills and Im going to take these skills with me through the rest of my life. Its been awesome having Joshua Ayles with me through all my years at primary school because hes someone that I can trust and talk to about anything. We’ve had alot of really fun times and done really funny things together. I’ll never forget the time when Josh told a horrible joke and instead of everyone laughing at the joke we all ended up in tears because of the way Josh reacted to his own joke. 

As a senior I have been a part of our citizenship program. I have been involved in Digital Leaders, school sports, sapsasa and traffic duties. I have really enjoyed playing school sports and being able to do so with my school friends. It has helped teach me about teamwork and communication. It has also helped me develop strong social skills. 

Im so glad that my parents chose Woodend for my primary school years because Ive enjoyed every second here and I think Woodend is an awesome school. Being at Woodend has helped me prepare for going to high school and being at Woodend has also given me alot of skills in all areas of learning which will be really helpful when I move on to high school. 

I realise many students talk about their favourite teacher from their time at school, but I dont have a favourite teacher because I’ve loved all the teachers I’ve ever had here. 

I will be attending Hallett Cove high school. I feel excited as well as nervous about going to high school. I dont really want to leave Woodend because not all my friends will be moving to the same school as me. Joshua Ayles and I will be spliting up and its going to feel wierd not having him with me. I know Im going to use my social skills to make new friends at high school, but I dont really like having to think about moving on. 

I’d really like to thank all my teachers from through out my primary school years for teaching me new things and making me feel comfortable to join in with new things. I’d also like to thank Mr Marshal for being the principle at Woodend and being able to put up with all of us year 7s. 

Thank you for listening and have a good evening. 

Ella Simes – Room 28

My time at Woodend has been amazing. Some days i just didn’t want to go to school because i couldn’t be bothered, but every time i stepped foot onto school grounds i instantly regretted not wanting to be there. I’ve gained more of everything; friends, knowledge, confidence, respect. I’ll forever take all of my qualities i’ve learnt during primary school and use them in the rest of life.

Calvin

My years at primary school have been rewarding. When i first came to this school in year 4 my teacher was Mr.brown. Both teachers and students made me feel welcome. But i was really nervous about making new friends. Now i feel like ive gotton along with everyone. One of my favourite subjects through primary school has been maths because I have enjoyed the challenges and working together in groups and seeing how others work out there answers. The best part of primary school was the Canberra trip, Seeing  the capital of Australia and standing at the top of telstra tower seeing all of Canberra. I’ve been very luckyto be chosen for SAPSASA football except we didnt win our game. I was also chosen for state swimming and going to the marion leisure centre for it.

Emma Sandor
I remember starting Reception as a shy little girl and didn’t want to leave home. For my first teacher I had Mrs. Ramsey I was excited at the same time but yet still afraid. I had a few friends from Kindergarten like Taylor Jones and Coby Perry. I remember coming home from my first day and being extremely tired.
Year 1 was an exciting year for me. I made new friends and I had some friends from Reception. Mrs Natar was my Year 1 teacher and she was a really helpful teacher and always caring to her students. My favourite school excursion was going to Urrbrae Farm for the day.
Year 2 was the best year! I had Ms Gregory for my teacher in that year she was an awesome teacher and always so happy. That year we were the only Year 2 Class to go on Camp. Because we were a Year 2/3 class and we were the ones who went on camp with all the Year 3,4 and 5’s. That was a really awesome year!
In Year 3,4 and 5 I was with Mrs Hoskins. She was a good teacher and she was always helping out and doing everything with her students! I remember most days we went out for Fitness and played our favourite game golden child. I had some friends from Year 2 and some of them were Lochie Engelhardt, Shea Blasdale, Jordan Boers and Sarah Morgan. We went in 3 Camps in those years we went to Mylor Camp, Arbury Park and Illawonga Camp. I remember my mum coming to Illawonga Camp and she was pregnant to! Really good year. (To be continued).

Good evening everyone I am Ella Hadley I’ve been at Woodend since reception in 2008. The past 8 years have built a solid foundation to build my further education on. I feel it has prepared me extremely well for high school, academically & socially.

I look back over my years at Woodend primary with many fond memories. One of my fondest memories is when I was in year 5 with Mrs Shevchenko, when we did matchstick maths. It taught me so much about money & I didn’t realise until then that maths could be fun and educational at the same time. Each matchstick colour represented a different dollar value & we got to spend the money(matchsticks) in an auction at the end. 

Throughout my time at Woodend primary I have had the opportunities to develop my leadership skills through SRC, as a sports day captain & through many varied classroom experiences and opportunities. I really loved being a sports day captain of the red team called the furious flames I liked working with the rest of the captains and making up the warm up dance. We worked really hard to make sure the day was as good as possible.
I have also gained many strong friendships that I hope will continue throughout my life. 
As a senior student I have had the opportunity to be part of the citizenship program. I’ve been involved in the knockout netball team, crossing duty and jump rope. 
I have been in Mr Lamshed & Mrs Shevchenko’s class this year for year 7. I have really enjoyed  One of the highlights of being in this class has been having two teachers to help me with different tasks 
One of the other highlights of being in year 7 has been the trip to Canberra. It was an awesome experience and I would love to do it again. One of the highlights of the trip was going to questacon I felt sorry for those who missed out on going to Canberra until I discovered they got to make pizzas and cream buns with Mrs Shevchenko. They looked awesome in the photographs and I hear they tasted great too. 
I have really appreciated all the opportunities I have had at Woidend primary and I would like to thank every teacher I have had along this awesome journey. 
I would also like to thank all my teachers from all my schooling 
Thank you for listening and being such a great Audience.
Sarah Morgan
I have been at Woodend for 8 years. It’s gone by so fast because I remember walking into school on my first day of reception. Everyone was so intimidating because they were so much bigger now that I’m in year 7 I still feel the same because I’m so short, no not really. I have so many memories at Woodend and I will never forget them.
I have grown in every aspect of my life. Not only academically. I have matured over the years and Woodend has definitely helped me make the right choices. I am constantly improving in everything I do.Over the years I have enjoyed the extra curricular activities but I also enjoy all the subjects that we take in class. Math would have to be my favourite.
I’m so unbelievably nervous for high school. Im going to Brighton secondary school. I can only see high school the way it is in all the movies but my older friends tell me it’s nothing like that. I find it hard to believe. I’m sad to leave my old friends behind but Im excited to make new friends and meet new people.its going to be hard to go from being the biggest and oldest in the school to being the smallest and youngest.

Hello my name is Iman I have been at Woodend for 8 years now.  And I feel privileged to be Valedictory speaker for my class my teacher this year was Mrs Aparicio. I started school in 2007 I could remember walking into class on the first day of school and being so Nervous and only having my kindergarten friends with me but through out the years at the school Ive made many friends till now in Year 7. Woodend has helped me a lot with my social skills and I will take these skills with me through the rest of my life. One of the funniest moments of year 7 would have to been when Jarrad thought he could balance on a broken stool in arts then all you hear is a big bang we turned our heads and see Jarrad on the floor with the broken block on top of him. I also took part of some other activities including SAPSASA Footy, SAPSASA touch rugby, school soccer and SAPSASA soccer with our SAPSASA soccer team we got to the quarter finals and loss 1-0 Mr Heiner said that we should be proud of ourselves be cause this is the furthest our SAPSASA team has gone.  One moment I wont forger about Mr Heiner is when I called him Matt and he got a bit angry and said look Iman while you are in Primary School you call me Mr Heiner but when you leave to high school and come back and visit the school you can call me by my first name then. I cant wait till I come back to visit next year J.

I remember last year a bunch of my classmates (boys, obviously) tried to prank Mrs. Whelan with a whoopee cushion. But as she sat on it, it burst!

Emily – Valedictory speech ideas

1. Valedictory Speeches~

Emma- I remember starting school as a shy little girl and feeling like I was in this jungle surrounded by all different animals! For my first teacher I had Mrs Ramsey I have been at this school for 8 years now and they have been very rewarding. I have learnt more, gained more confidence and most of all made new friends.

Minh- I came to this school in year 2 and my first ta her was Mrs. Natar. I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone here. But I was relieved because the teachers and students seemed really nice.

Memorys- Emma- A good memory was when Maddii Bailey, Amelia Green and I went to go look for our Japanese student because she went missing around the school! Another good memory was Canberra staying with my friends for the week.

Emma- And now , I’d like to thank Mr Lamshed and Sue Thompson for organising Music Night and the Choir. Woodend is very lucky to have them.

Emma- Now let’s start talking about the the old, crusty but wise Mr Z!! Not only would he come up with the best ideas in the world. Well that’s what he would say. I’d like to thank Mr Z for everything he has done for us this year. Mr Z is a helpful and caring teacher to his students. Mr Z is a strong believer in developing life leading skills and often provides his students when many responsibilities. He is always giving up his time to help us both in and out of the class room.

Minh- He is good at negotiating even though we usually get our way! He is always adding humour to our lessons (even though when he does his stories can sometimes go on forever).He loves animals and our class is like a Pet Shop! We said “NO” to the spiders this year!

Minh- Next year I’ll be going to Glenunga Highschool. That’s like a million kilometres away from here. I’m pretty nervous because I won’t know anyone there.

2. Valedictory Speeches~

Minh- Good evening Ladies, Gentlemen, Brothers and Sisters. My name is Minh Nguyen and this is Emma Sandor and we are this years Valedictory Speakers for Mr Z’s Zedites! Geez, it’s so scary being up here in front of this huge crowd.

Minh- I came to this school in year 2 and my first ta her was Mrs. Natar. I was really nervous because I didn’t know anyone here. But I was relieved because the teachers and students seemed really nice

Emma- Now let’s start talking about the the old, crusty but wise Mr Z!! Not only would he come up with the best ideas in the world. Well that’s what he would say. I’d like to thank Mr Z for everything he has done for us this year. He is a helpful and caring teacher to his students. Mr Z is a strong believer in developing life leading skills and often provides his students when many responsibilities. He is always giving up his time to help us both in and out of the class room.